Rhubarb and Ginger Gin Cake
Whitley Neill Rhubarb and Ginger Gin Cake with a Whitely Neill Rhubarb and Ginger Ginsecco.
- 200g softened butter, plus extra for greasing
- 200g caster sugar, plus 3 tbsp for the topping
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or almond extract
- 200g ground almonds
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300g young rhubarb, trimmed and cut into roughly 2cm lengths
- 4 tbsp Whitley Neill Rhubarb & Ginger Gin
Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Grease a 23cm/9in springform cake tin with butter and line the base with baking paper.
Put the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, gin, almonds, flour and baking powder in a food mixer. Beat until smooth and thick. Spoon the cake batter into the prepared tin. Top with the rhubarb, pressing it down gently. Sprinkle with the reserved 3 tablespoons of sugar. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
Cool in the tin for 20 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. Serve warm or cold with a massive dollop of clotted cream.
WHITLEY NEILL RHUBARB AND GINGER GINSECCO RECIPE
- 20ml Whitley Neill Rhubarb & Ginger Gin
- 5ml lemon juice
- 100ml Prosecco.
Serve in a flute with orange zest.